The construction industry is on boom since the advent of the 21st century. This boom has created a massive demand of many materials that are used in construction. That’s the way people are looking for those new age materials that can be used in construction and can replace of the conventional building materials. The basic qualities what people want in these new age products are maximum strength, easy availability and low cost. This has led to varieties of products that are the result of continuous research being introduced to the markets and giving stiff competition to all the conventional products.
One such product that has shown its presence in the market is polymer sheet. They are the result of modern science and have become increasingly popular among people due to their qualities. A study states that polymer sheets and other polymer products account for the highest growth in the construction industry. They offer us with varying advantages like durability and many more that have been a catalyst for their growth.
What is it?
Polymer Sheets are made of a continuous chain of monomers that give them the name polymers. They maybe be branched or can be linear. They also can be three dimensional like polythene, maybe two dimensional likes polymer sheets or one dimensional like chains. The polymer sheets as we know are called two dimensional polymers and are simply made up of multiple repeating units that are laterally connected so as to form a sheet.
The polymer sheet is subjected to varying uses in the construction industry and some of them are listed below-
• They are extensively used in flooring because they beautify the floors with their looks
• They are available in varying colors, hence are used for covering objects like poles.
• They can also be used in the frames of door and window to make them look more attractive.
• They are also used in ceilings and roof so as to provide insulation.
• They can also be used to form temporary structures as they are quite strong.
The plastic sheets come with a lot of advantages. Here are some notable advantages that plastic sheets offer over conventional products-
• They are strong and light weight too that is why it is easy to move them anywhere you want.
• They are durable, have a long life and are resistant to scratches.
• They can be easily transformed into any shape you want and thus increase their usability.
• They can be easily removed and offers you with varying color options.
• They are bad conductors of heat and electricity and hence can provide us with insulation.
The fact that polymer sheets have lots of advantages to offer makes them popular among people. This is the reason why polymer sheet manufacturing has become a leading industry. Polymer sheet has lots of advantages, but the environmental hazards they posses should not be neglected and hence one should seriously consider before using them.