Stretch marks not only appear prominent on the skin but these can also create a severe dent in one’s self-confidence. Unfortunately, a large number of individuals, both men and women, all over the world including London, suffer from this problem. These days, medicine has made significant improvement to resolve this issue for once and for all. There are many reputed and dependable private skin clinics that readily provide this cosmetic treatment. Therefore, curing this problem has now become easier than ever. However, before discussing the therapy, it is more important to understand why these unsightly and unwanted marks arise from.
Factors Leading to the Problem
Everybody is aware that these prominent marks on the skin surface mainly occur on the outer walls of the abdomen. But in many instances, these can also affect the upper thighs, buttocks and upper arms. The marks are also seen along the breasts, though this happens mostly in women.
According to the experts at reputed skin clinics London, pregnancy is the major cause behind this problem. However, other factors like sudden loss or gain in body weight, heredity and drastic changes in lifestyle can also be responsible for it.
Treatment and Remedies
Apart from availing professional help, there are a number of effective homely remedies that can be availed to resolve the problem. These therapies are not only tried and tested, but are also proved to be free from any adverse side-effect.
Aloe Vera is a beneficial gift from nature that is helpful to remove stretch marks.
- It can be applied directly, by rubbing the gel on the affected area of the skin.
- After a span of about a quarter to an hour, just rinse the area using lukewarm water.
- However, professional skin therapists usually do not follow this simple procedure. Rather, they prefer a mixture that is prepared by combining a quarter cup of aloe vera gel and several vitamin E capsules. The mixture is then applied to the affected region. Gradually, the skin absorbs the mixture.
- This procedure has to be followed on a regular basis to get desired results.
Castor oil is a versatile agent to cure a number of skin-related issues, ranging from wrinkles, dark spots to pimples. It can also be used to cure the problem of stretch marks on the skin.
- Apply a few drops of the oil on the affected area of the skin and gently massage for about 10 minutes in circular motion.
- Then, apply some heat to the area for about 20 minutes to half an hour, using a heating pad or a hot water bottle.
- This has to be continued regularly for at least a month when desired result will start showing up.
Along with these homely remedies for stretch marks removal, one needs to drink a large amount of water. It not only rehydrates the skin and the body but also flushes out all the harmful toxins, making the entire physiological system clean. If the therapies are administered properly on a daily basis, positive results are bound to come up.