Concrete itself is not much appealing when you simply make a wall or floor of it. In fact, the dull and boring finish of concrete can be a real turn off for visitors at your place in case you have parties at home. For warehouses, and locations that do not attract visitors you may simply use concrete as it is. But when you are looking to add to some color, texture, luster, and most importantly a covering of protection, then you must look for something more special. This job can be done with application of decorative concrete coatings.
A special look, that is colorful, decorative, adds to the texture and shine and makes the finish glamorous can be achieved when simple concrete floors and external structures get a coat of decorative concrete coating. Patios, pavements, sidewalks, normal walls and floors, all can get a glamorous shine added to them with a hint of color, or some loud shades when you apply the paint.
Where to Apply for Decorative Concrete Finish Works
The decorative concrete coating works great to transform any simple and non-appealing concrete surface to stylish ones, and here are some nice ideas to apply this:
- Garages can be decorated with this. Garage floors are generally not traversed by many visitors. But if you believe you are getting visitors for projects, or you also are spending more time in a garage for working on your automobile and are yearning for a cozier environment, then you can always use decorative concrete coats on the simple floor to transform it.
- Sidewalks in gardens, around a lawn, and beside a pool or garage can be transformed totally to get a glossy or lustrous smooth finish with a decorative concrete coating. They will get tinted and can look much smarter while you match up the colors to the exterior colors of the property.
- You can use the coats on driveways too. Although you need not invest much in driveways sometimes you may want things to look perfect and stylish. Especially if you have that eye for perfection and styling, you can invest a small amount of money on the transformation of the simple dull driveway to a stylish textured one.
- The floor on a terrace can be made smoother and attractive using a decorative concrete coating. This way, the floor would stay smooth, look good, stay protected, and also would get an exciting appeal.
There are many such surfaces on the exterior of a property, which normally succumb to weathering, moisture, and the elements of nature over time. And this naturally diminishes the life of such concrete surfaces however good quality material you may have used in their construction. An easy, cheap, and effective way to protect those surfaces in style is to use a decorative concrete coating on the exteriors of your house. These days such decorative concrete coatings come in several colors and textures, with different levels of glass and luster. They are also available in matte finishes. Therefore, you get a lot of options when it’s about decorating your simple looking concrete surfaces at a really low cost.
Benefits of Decorative Concrete Coatings Other Than Aesthetics
When you apply a coat of the decorative paints on a concrete surface, then you can attain some other great benefits too, and they are:
- The floor gets smoother
- The floor gets tough and sturdy
- Chemical and weather elements cannot damage the floor easily and concrete decay or chipping can be avoided very well
Slip-resistant properties get added to the floor and accidents or falls can be avoided