Let’s face it, the economies of running a business can be tight these days. This means you’re looking for the best ways to get quality work done with zero to minimum overhead, resource demands, and dollar costs.
One of the most effective ways for law firms, research companies, legal consulting agencies, and corporate clients to save and still maintain a high quality of workmanship is with outsourced legal transcription.
Now, you might be thinking that you can simply rely on the latest voice transcription software or just ask your summer student or intern to complete your legal transcriptions. We’re here to tell you that making such decisions will only cost you in the short- and long-term.
Instead, you need to develop a relationship with a proven legal transcription company who can provide you with a range of legal transcription services. Read on to learn how your company can benefit from legal transcription and to get the answer to a very popular question: what is legal transcription.
What is Legal Transcription?
Legal transcription is the process of transcribing any spoken or verbal legal proceeding. This transcription can involve creating a range of text document formats and printed formats.
Court reporters or legal transcriptionists are a key part of courtroom trials and legal proceedings. Using a specialized machine called a stenographer, legal transcriptionists and court reporters create a verbatim record of the courtroom proceedings. This is done in real-time and can include creating closed captioning for live video recordings of the proceedings.
With more companies realizing the value of the skills of legal transcriptionists, we now see legal transcription professionals working outside of the courtroom. It’s not uncommon for legal transcriptionists to be called on to record legal depositions, board meetings, conference sessions, annual general meetings, legal testimonies, legal documents, and official court meetings.
How You Can Benefit from Legal Transcription
Because legal transcriptionists specialize in providing an accurate verbatim document of the spoken word, you can be confident that you have the real facts on hand when you need them.
Along with taking the stress off your colleagues when trying to provide accurate transcripts of legal matters, you can use these documents to improve your client communications in all legal matters. Having a professionally created, edited, and reviewed legal transcript helps you when meeting with your clients to discuss case outcomes, strategy, and future proceedings.
Take advantage of professional outsourced legal transcription and know that your company is benefitting from:
- Accuracy. You need accurate transcripts of your legal proceedings. You have zero room or time for errors or delays. A legal transcriptionist is trained to provide you with a verbatim, reviewed, and accurate document detailing the proceedings. In fact, research shows that legal transcriptionists can be relied on to provide the highest level of document accuracy.
- Speed. By relying on a professional legal transcription company with fully trained professionals, you know you will receive your transcripts quickly and efficiently.
- Professionalism. Trust in legal transcriptionists and court reporters to provide the highest level of professionalism in all aspects of handling your transcript. This includes knowing how to function in a legal setting and extends to having the skills to manage a range of document formats and deliverable types.
- Confidentiality. Your legal documents must be 100% confidential and this means you cannot trust them to just anyone. Know that legal transcriptionists employed by reliable transcription and court reporting companies hold their employees to extremely high standards. Your documents will be stored securely and delivered to you in a format that eliminates the risk of hacking or other security violations.
- Organization. It can be a challenge to keep track of and manage your digital files, trust in your legal transcription firm to do this for you. Discuss how and when you access your legal documents and work with your legal transcription company to set up a document management system that makes it easy for you to search for and access the information you need.
- Consistency. You need these legal transcripts for professional reasons so there is no sense in having documents that are inaccurate, error-prone, and simply incorrect. Know that a legal transcriptionist will deliver you an accurate, peer-reviewed, verbatim document.
This is a high-level snapshot of how your business can and will benefit from outsourced professional legal transcription. Be confident that you’re trusting professionals to get the job done right with zero errors or time delays.