India is known for its rich culture, mythological stories and sculptures where life seeks to be frozen. Deccan Odyssey takes you on a mesmerising journey to one such site of fine sculptures and exquisite paintings, the Ellora Caves.
The train takes you to these caves through
- Maharashtra Splendour- 7 nights and 8 days journey in which the train chugs into Aurangabad (the city of Ellora Caves) on the 3rd
- Indian Odyssey- 7 nights and 8 days trip in which the train visits Ellora Caves on its 7th
- Jewels of the Deccan Odyssey- 7 nights and 8 days trip in which the train arrives Aurangabad on Day 6.
- Maharashtra Wild Train- 7 nights and 8 days trip in which the train goes Ellora Caves on its 2nd
What to see at the Ellora Caves?
Ellora Caves is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 34 monasteries and temples. The monuments of Ellora portray the artistic lifestyle of ancient Indian civilisation, which thrived from 600 to 1000 AD.
The three major religions of the country, Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism flourished at these caves of rich culture and spirituality.
Few interesting facts about Ellora Caves are
- These are located at the ancient trade route from Pratishtana to Aurangabad.
- Caves 1 to 12 are Buddhist caves. These caves are simple in ornamentation.
- Caves 13 to 29 are Brahmanical Caves. Cave 16 is the most features cave of this group and is considered to be the abode of Lord Shiva. This Kailasa complex contains elaborately carved monoliths and halls with stairs, doorways and windows, decorated with fine sculptures.
- Caves 30 to 34 are Jain Caves. There are some sleeping cells within the caves which were built for itinerant monks. Cave 32 attracts tourists with its detailed lotus sculpture and other lavish ornamented carvings.
- There are another group of caves nestled at the Elaganga and upper terrace, namely, the Ganesh Leni and Jogeshwari Leni.
- These caves represent rock cut architecture with life size sculptures. The caves have been cut from ballistic cliffs and are adorned with delicate designs.
Why Travel on Deccan Odyssey?
This loved “Blue Train” of India unravels a different facet of the country. With state of the art amenities and unparalleled hospitality, Deccan Odyssey train seems to come out direct from the golden times of the Deccan.
Some of the unmatched features of Deccan Odyssey are
- 21 luxury coaches, spacious and air conditioned.
- Free internet connectivity and regular availability of newspapers.
- A multi-cuisine restaurant to relish some of the best cuisines of Deccan and worldwide.
- A well stocked bar cum lounge to get high and refreshed after a long day exploration.
- A high tech conference car with both audio and video conferencing facilities.
- A SPA and massage cabin offering rejuvenating Ayurveda and Thai treatments.
- The Ellora Dance and Music festival is attained by thousands of tourists every year to get a feel of the joyous rhythms of India.
Plan your trip and book the Deccan Odyssey train for the Ellora Caves. Treat your eyes with the beautiful sculptures of Ellora Caves this holiday riding on the luxury train, Deccan Odyssey.